The Chicago Police Memorial Foundation is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to honoring the lives of our fallen Chicago Police heroes. The Foundation provides support and financial assistance to the families of Chicago Police Officers who were killed or catastrophically injured in the line of duty. We have already completed (and now maintain) the nation’s finest police memorial in Gold Star Families Memorial and Park on our lakefront. Now the Mission Beyond the Memorial continues the tradition of loyalty and generosity of the C.P.D. and focuses on the needs of the men and women of this great department, and their families. The Mission will :
- ensure that the financial needs of the families of Chicago police officers killed or catastrophically injured in the line of duty are taken care of.
- provide financial assistance to the families of active duty officers who die or suffer serious illness.
- stay vigilant in opposing the parole of anyone convicted of killing a Chicago Police Officer.
Here’s what Mission Beyond the memorial will do every year:
- Provide $50,000 immediately to the family of a Chicago Police Officer who is killed in the line of duty.
- Pays the grammar school and high school tuition of the sons and daughters of all police officers killed in the line of duty.
- Pays the grammar school, high school and college tuition of the sons and daughters of all police officers catastrophically injured in the line of duty.
- Provide $1,000 at the beginning of the school year for clothing and school supplies for the sons and daughters of all police officers killed or catastrophically injured in the line of duty.
- Provide $3,000 right away to the family of any active police officer who dies. This money is for the family’s immediate expenses, like bringing relatives in from out of town.
- Pays the medical insurance premium for police officers who are terminally ill.
Here’s what Mission Beyond the Memorial has already done in 2008:
In the first eight months of this year alone, the Chicago Police Memorial Foundation has provided over $220,000 in financial benefits directly to the families of Chicago police officers. This will continue in the decades to come with your generous support!
Representatives from the Chicago Police Memorial Foundation attend parole hearings and give testimony opposing the parole of cop killers. The Foundation also charters a bus and transports uniformed police officers to appear at the En Banc hearings held by the Illinois Prisoner Review Board in Springfield, Il.
When the Chicago Police Memorial Foundation says we will
“NEVER FORGET” our fallen brothers and sisters and their families, “WE MEAN IT!”
We would not be able to provide the financial assistance to the families of Chicago Police Officers if it wasn’t for your payroll contributions to the Foundation. Remember 100% of your contributions go towards that assistance; no operating expenses come out of payroll contributions.
Your support is a reminder that when troubled time arise, we come together, as families do, and provide comfort, support and protection to one another.
For more information on the activities of the Chicago Police Memorial Foundation, please visit our website at www.cpdmemorial.org and share the dream of the Foundation with your family and friends.
Thank you, stay safe and make sure at the end of your tour of duty you go home safely to your family.
Philip J. Cline
Chicago Police Memorial Foundation